"The Lord bless you and keep you" Numbers 6:24

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Stockings


When Eric was a freshman in high school, I showed him patterns for four different Christmas stockings. I told him to pick one and I would make it for him. He chose the one pictured below. A couple of the others I could have made within days. This one took months! I had no idea 16 years ago that I would still be making Christmas stockings from the same collection called the Heirloom Christmas Stockings in Cross Stitch. Each represent a room in a house. I think each of the six "room" stockings I have stitched thus far a fairly representative of the people in our family. For my grandkids, I have just used wallpaper patterns from the rooms. There are three "room" patterns left in the series. I've told Mark and Janet that they have to marry someone who fits the themes depicted :)
Mark's stocking was the second one I made. It is called the Toys and Games Stocking.
It went the fastest of the the "rooms" I've made thus far.

Sugar and Spice is the name of the third stocking I made which was for Janet.

Neil and I loved the fireplace in the big living room of our first little house located in Markle. Home for Christmas is the name of the stocking I made for Neil which features this beautiful big fireplace.

My stocking is called the Stitcher's Studio. It includes both quilting and cross stitching. I love it!

I adapated the Holiday Study Stocking for Jeni. I "lifted" some pieces from some other stockings and personalized it for her. It took me the longest to complete so I could include the names of Liam, Kate, Owen, Zane and Evie. It also has Eric's initials included in the design.

Liam's stocking is simply a wallpaper pattern.

Kate's stocking is also a wallpaper pattern. I included her middle initial at the top. Her name, Kate Diane, is almost the "reverse" of Neil's sister's name, Diane Kay. I jokingly say the "D" also stands for Douglas. Kate was born on July 5th and shares that birthday my my brother, Doug. 

Just finished last week, Owen's is the third to have a wallpaper pattern.  I ordered more of the lugana cross stitch fabric which arrived in the mail today. Zane's stocking will get started tonight, go with me to Colorado next week and be finished soon. Evie's will get done shortly after. Each of the wallpaper patterns are and will be different from the others. It felt good to finish two this month and to be ready to start on two new ones. 











No comments:

Post a Comment