"The Lord bless you and keep you" Numbers 6:24

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Difficulty of Getting on Line

The Third Lausanne Congress on Evangelism is just great. I am enjoying being here, interacting with people from around the world, hearing great speakers, musicians, etc. The internet use here has exceeded even what was used a few months ago during the World Cup. There are internet cafes, all participants were supposed to have wi-fi access each day except during the three main sessions per day. I am currently in Doug's office and hooked up to a cable while many others are having supper. I will try to be brief because I am obviously low man on the totem pole in this office.
  Since pictures are worth a thousand words I will try to post them and possibly catch up on comments later on. Doug "larger than life" on the big screen as he introduces one of the members of the Lausanne Board of Directors, Lindsey Brown, at "Welcome to the Table." Table Rock is the largest landmark in Cape Town and all 4,000 participants are seated at tables of 6 when in the main sessions. It is a very effective way to engage all the participants in the congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment