Libby Little, the window of a recently martyred missionary to Pakistan gave a testimony following Piper's talk. Her husband and 9 others went into a remote part of Pakistan only available by foot. They went to do medical work. Little called his wife 2x a day for one minute. She read notes from the brief comments he made. After completing the medical work, the team started to return home. The entire team was killed. Afterwards someone presented her with some notes from her husband's Bible. He had been asked to deliver devotions to the group which on their trip. It was obvious that he had cared for physical needs to aleviate people's current pain but he had also delivered the gospel while in that remote area. What a powerful testimony.
When Mrs. Little finished her testimoy I noticed a fairly loud "moaning" sound. I thought it sounded as though it was meant to be disruptive. I assume security would take care of it quickly. I found out soon afterwards that it was a Muslim man just experiencing deep sorrow for the lostness of many of his people. Apparently several people surrounded him and prayed for him.
| John Piper and me. |
There is defitely more to be said about Wednesday's activities but I can harly hold my head up any longer sitting here in the Abu Dhabi airport. It is time to try again to get as comfortable as possible in a molder plastic chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment